Before the new movie, there was a lot of speculation about possible storylines. Metal Sonic and Shadow the Hedgehog were discussed as potential antagonists. However, the mid-credits scene of the predecessor suggests that Shadow will be the main antagonist in part 3. Shadow is an anti-hero created by Dr. Robotnik's grandfather. The Sonic universe and Shadow's backstory provide plenty of material for interesting flashbacks and additional character development. Patrick Casey, the author of the previous films, describes Shadow as a worthy adversary with a deep personality. It will be exciting to see how Sonic will fight against Shadow's wrath and revenge.
- Sensation! Jim Carrey Will Return for "Sonic 3" After AllThe actor announced his retirement after "Sonic 2"
- Rumor: Paramount Pictures Plans a Spin-Off Project for Shadow the HedgehogKnuckles is also getting his own series
- First Image of Sonic 3 ReleasedIt's finally clear which villain will encounter Sonic
- Sonic 3 Starts Shooting in SeptemberThe first two parts are deemed a success
- Knuckles: Prominent New Additions to the Sonic SeriesThe spin-off is used as a preparation for Sonic 3
- WGA Strike: These Movies and Shows are at RiskThe last strike cost the downfall of numerous films and series
- Sonic the Hedgehog 3: Paramount Announces Official Release DateThere will be a live action series about Knuckles as well
- Sonic the Hedgehog 3: Sequel Could Be Released in 2024Possible Hollywood star in talks for new character
- Sonic the Hedgehog 3: What Will Become of Dr. Robotnik After Jim Carrey's Career Ends?The second part has been running in theaters since last week
- Sonic the Hedgehog 3: Third movie announced at Investors DayWe can also look forward to a "Knuckles" series and "PAW Patrol" movie